Lanyards - Choosing from the wealth of options available
Choosing a lanyard may seem strangely complicated, but it doesn’t need to be. The standard lanyard, and most popular lanyard used in Australia, is a 15mm wide polyester lanyard with a j-swivel attachment. But, for those that have specific requirements, there are a wide variety of options available. Here are a few:
- Width – the width of a lanyard can be whatever you prefer, with most being between 12mm and 20mm. The price difference for wider lanyards is negligible, and the wider designs provide much more space for design and branding if this is required.
- Material – options include bootlace (exactly like it sounds), polyester (flatter, strong) and woven (with the design woven in to the lanyard itself), though there are also some environmentally friendly lanyard options available in materials such as bamboo or corn fibre.
- Printing options – whilst you can certainly order plain lanyards, many organisations and events will decide to order lanyards with their logo, event or message printed on to the lanyard. There are several printing methods that are utilised, but in essence, you can select a 1 colour print, multi-colour print or even a digital-quality full colour print via the heat sublimated printing method. Keep in mind though that more colours = higher prices.
- Colour – your lanyard can be custom manufactured to match a PMS colour of your choosing, allowing close adherence to existing branding guidelines at your organisation
- Attachments – whilst a j-swivel attachment is the most popular, often an alligator clip is needed. Your choice may depend on what the lanyard is holding i.e. an ID card, an ID wallet etc. For a premium quality attachment, ask about the executive swivel.
This summary of lanyard options may start to assist as you narrow down your requirements. For more assistance, call AAC at 1300 797 478 and we’ll guide you through the process.
Posted By Stuart on Thursday 2nd August 2012 @ 16:21:21
Updated : Friday 31st August 2012 @ 14:18:56 | Words : 311 | Views : 3311 | Comments : 0
If your business is considering a promotional lanyard for your next event, trade show, or . . .
Posted By Stuart on Friday 15th July 2016
Words : 367 | Views : 910 | Comments : 0
AAC has long been a leading supplier of lanyards in Australia. Since the late 1990's, AAC ID Solutio . . .
Posted By Stuart on Wednesday 10th June 2015
Words : 197 | Views : 3431 | Comments : 0
Brand Well With A Custom LanyardIf you’re buying a lanyard you get a piece of material that lo . . .
Posted By AAC on Wednesday 3rd July 2013
Words : 412 | Views : 7861 | Comments : 0
Blogger : Stuart
. . .
Registered Since Thursday 2nd August 2012
Topics : 45 | Comments : 0